Friday, December 31, 2010

Tarot Spreads: A New Year And Tools For Looking Ahead

Happy New Year everyone and I thought I would share some of my rituals for ending the year. I have two spreads which I usually do for the upcoming year and one for January and every month.


The first spread is a Horoscope Spread with three cards drawn for each house 1 to 12 and one overall category. This is drawn for each quarter of the year ahead: January to March, April to June, July to September, October to December. 


Method:
I shuffle the deck and cut twice and put the piles back together. I draw one card for each house. I then shuffle again and do the same for a second card for each house and then a third. This allows specific cards to come up more than once in each house and this adds to the emphasis.


The meanings of each house are taken from the astrological associations. See the following link for detailed explanations of each one.


House 1: Physical body, Self, beginnings
House 2: Money, income, finances
House 3: Siblings, neighbours, short trips, communications
House 4: Home, family
House 5: Children, games, romance
House 6: Illness, work, duty, daily routine, pets
House 7: Spouse, committed relationships, law suits, open enemies,
House 8: Sex, death, taxes, other people’s money
House 9: Long distance travel, religion, the law, higher education, philosophy
House 10: Mother, career, profession, public standing
House 11: Friends, groups,  social activities, societies
House 12: Solitude, hospitalization, sacrifice, hidden matters, secret liaisons, secrets
Overall:


The second spread is a three card reading for each month of the year ahead: January, February, March and on to December. 



Method:
I shuffle the deck and cut twice and put the piles back together. I draw one card for each month. I then shuffle again and do the same for a second card for each month and then a third. This allows specific cards to come up more than once and this adds to the emphasis.



I give my three card readings the following positions - 1 - current situation; 2 - base of the matter; 3 - atmosphere or feel of the situation.


January: 
February: 
March: 
April: 
May: 
June: 
July: 
August: 
September:
October:
November:
December:


I will save the monthly spread for the future. Good luck everyone and I wish you the most wonderful 2011.

No comments: