Sunday, December 17, 2006

soy latte

I bought a soy latte from nero because the nice people stamp my card when they take my money so i get the 10th coffee free. Anyway the girl was a bit weird and looked at me questioningly a couple of times. Their board lists the coffee prices for 'out' and 'in' so i asked for a soya latte (i first asked if soya was available and she said yes but didn't mention the cost) for 'out'. She then looked at me bizarrely and said to drink in or take away. So i said take away and kinda half assed pointed towards the door with my thumb.

Since she hadn't mentioned the price i had my 2.10(!!! expensive) ready to pay but the cash register showed 2.25 (in price) and 30 for the soy - so i said i'm having it take away and then she kinda looked confused for a sec and then changed the price to 2.10. no apology or anything or any kind of acknowledgement that she had screwed up. It was all the same to her. I don't even know why i'm pissed off at that - i mean i was paying over 2 pounds for a cup of coffee for gods sake. Sigh.

No comments: