Sunday, June 08, 2008

Horary chart - will i complete my degree?

An horary chart is created by asking a question and finding the answer in the placement of the placements at the time when the question was asked.

My question was asked at 14:10 on the 7th of June 2008. I've had a tough week in relation to my degree and wanted to know whether I would complete it.

The ascendant of the chart is at one degree Libra which ordinarily would be too early to ask but I will temporarily see it as an early stage of the next part of the degree.

What planet or planets rule the querent?
Libra ascendant means that venus rules me (the querent). Venus is found in the 9th house which is the house of higher education as well as foreign cultures and various trips. This sounds fitting and suits the question.
The moon always co-rules the querent and the moon is in leo in the 11th house. The sun rules leo and is in the 9th house conjunct venus.

The natural ruler of this question would be Jupiter as it rules higher education. Jupiter is found in the 4th house in Capricorn. The ruler of capricorn is saturn which bodes for delays and struggles.

jupiter is bi-quincux venus which could indicate necessary adjustment or reorganization. Quincuxes often relate to 6th and 8th house issues and in this case I would need to adjust my work times etc.

Where the querent is next to the sun the matter will not pass, is what the book says, and in my question the sun is very tightly conjunct venus within one degree. This indicates a no.

However, I then look at Saturn which does seem to fit the heading of querent as it is the almuten of the 9th. However, there are no aspects between Jupiter and Saturn.

This seems to be a no to me. Perhaps it is too soon to tell (1 degree ascendant).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I offer some unsolicited advice? Your significators are Venus and Moon, that's true. But a horary question about completing your degree is actually about profiting from your higher knowledge. (The degree is the profit you seek: the reward.) So you really want to look, not at Jupiter, but at the ruler of the 10th house. See, 9th is your higher knowledge; the 2nd house from the 9th is your profit from that knowledge. So look at the 10th and see if that changes things.
Also, if Venus, your significator, happens to be less than 17 minutes of arc (not degrees, minutes) from the Sun, she's cazimi - this speaks very well of you. You didn't provide chart data so I can't tell.
Hope some of this is helpful!